The CHEd and PRC have publicly commended 20 schools (colleges and universities) as Top 20 Colleges and Universities 2012 in the Philippines. The two government agencies cite 11 schools from Luzon, 7 from Mindanao and 2 from Visayas as among the best performing schools in producing top professionals through state board exams or licensure examinations.
According to CHEd and PRC, the list of top 20 schools is a result of the study conducted every 10 years by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and the Commission of Higher Education (CHED), based on the average passing rate in the Board exam of all courses of all the universities and colleges in the Philippines. Data is latest as of October 2012.
University of the Philippines Diliman in Quezon City remains the best university in the country as it ranked first in the list, followed by UP Los Banos in Laguna, and UP Manila, which ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
List of Top 20 Schools in the Philippines:
- University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City
- University of the Philippines in Los Banos, Laguna
- University of the Philippines in Manila
- Siliman University in Dumaguete
- Ateneo de Davao University in Davao City
- Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City
- University of Sto. Tomas in Manila
- Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute of Technology) in Iligan City
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Saint Louis University in Baguio City
- University of San Calos in Cebu City
- Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro
- Mindanao State University (Main Campus) in Marawi City
- Urios College in Butuan City
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines in Sta. Mesa, Manila
- De La Salle University in Manila
- Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT) in Manila
- Adamson University in Manila
- Central Mindanao University in Bukidnon
- University of Southern Philippines in Davao City
This list of the Top 20 schools in the Philippines for the year 2012 which was first posted via the Facebook page of the UPLB Institute of Human Nutrition and Food’s Photos is a fake list as confirmed by PRC.
The PRC issued Tuesday, October 23, disclaimer on "Top 20 Schools in the Philippines."
The Professional Regulation Commission today stated it has not posted any article or announcement at www.mattscradle.com and www.iamjammed.com with the heading “TOP 20 SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES”.
The Commission stressed that it does not conduct a study on a 10-year interval and does not merge board exam results of all its regulated professions based on their average passing rates.
Any information/updates concerning the Commission, are posted only in its official website.