Steps on how to create a new partition or volume in Windows Vista
- Click the Start button, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter
to open the Disk Management Utility.
- Right-click an existing volume and choose Shrink Volume to create space for a new volume.
- Once the dialog box is opened, enter the size of the new volume you are going to create.
- After shrinking, right-click the new "Unallocated" space represented in the program and choose New Simple Volume.
- Just follow the wizard's steps to create and format your new volume.
NOTE: You can shrink only volumes that use the NTFS drive format. Your new PC's drive is almost certainly NTFS.